There are many different axles in the market at the moment. It is not always easy to see what fits and what does not so. We will try to explain this on this page.
example of 12 mm axles
Wheel on trainers
For all the other trainers we have different axles. The difference to all these axles is in the axles thread and length of the axle. There are 3 types of axles treads in the market;
- 1 mm
- 1.5 mm
- 1.75 mm
example 1mm versus 1,75 mm
Tacx supplies the following solutions:
- T1706 E-Thru 10 mm with 1.0 mm axles thread length: 162,5 mm max
- T1707 E-Thru 12 mm with 1.0 mm axles thread length: 162,5 mm max
- T1711 E-Thru 12 mm with 1.0 mm axle thread length: 175 mm max
- T1710 E-Thru 12 mm with 1.5 mm axle thread length 162.5 mm max
- T1708 E-Thru 12 mm with 1.75 mm axle thread length 179.5 mm max
- T1709 Adapter voor X-12 as (when it is a non e-thru axles, but fixed axle)
Download PDF for all sizes and drawings of the axles).
Example or 1mm axle thread
Example of 1,75 mm axle thread
Which axle do I have?
Normally the manufactures are mentioning the axle diameters on the axle or you can measure as mentioned above. Like 12x1 or 12x1.5. The last number is the axle thread number (12x1.5 means 12 mm with 1.5 mm axle thread). The you need the T1710.
Non compatible axles
The following axles are not compatible:
- Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc X12 adapters. Diameter standard is 6.8, but Cube is 6.4. Please contact Tacx support for a solution
- Focus RAT axles (none fit)
I purchased the T1708 and it does not fit between my trainer
Please select these instructions how to fit the T1708 with the your trainer.