NEO electronic issues
The T2800 NEO Smart is provided with a number of LED lights. The three LED lights on the side of the NEO, at the bottom of the NEO and one LED light on the power adapter.
No red light
Please check if your power cord is connected. Sometimes it helps to connect the power cord directly into the wall socket. You can also start riding without the power adapter. If the red light does not go on in this situation. please contact Tacx support for further analyze.
No lights at all
When you don’t see any light at all on the unit, then please follow these steps
- check if you have a Blue light on the power adapter. When you don’t see a Blue light, then this means the power adapter is defective and you need a new power adapter.
- If you do have a Blue light on the power adapter then please take out the power for 60 min from the NEO and plugin the power cord.
- If no lights are available after this reset, then please contact the (online) shop from where you’ve purchased the adapter for testing and to follow the warranty procedure.
Red flashing light
When you see the red light flashing, then there is something wrong with the brake. This can be a problem with the fan. In some situations something has come into the fan and made it stop turning. In this case please contact the (online) shop for the warranty/return procedure.
Red flashing light after update
When you have red flashing light after the firmware update, then this is related to the update. Please take out the power cord for 60 minutes from the trainer. Close all Apps on the background and reinstall Tacx Utility app. Then run the firmware update again.
DfuNrf message during firmware update or connection
When the firmware version is not updated, and the update hangs, then it is possible that with the next connection you will see (DfuNrf) where normally your serial number is. Start update process again, and during the update turn the Bluetooth connection off/on when asked. There is a message on the screen when you need to do this.
Use the slide bar to turn Bluetooth off/on (not in settings). This will not turn off the App. When the update ‘hangs’ for longer than one minute, then turn Bluetooth off and on so the process continues. When the update is ready you will see that the NEO has its original name back.
LED is the lamp what will display the different colors under the NEO. This is not covered under warranty.
No downhill simulation
See section”no lights at all”.
Differences in cadence, sometimes 180 values
- Please make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your NEO. Please check this with the Tacx Utility app -> update firmware
- The NEO can see a fluctuation on power when you pedal. So each pedal stroke the power difference is recognized by the trainer. By using this power difference it can calculate a cadence. On a workout with low power or slope a rider can maintain a very steady cadence, so the push is very fluent. At that point it is hard for any trainer to see the power differences and will not be able to calculate the cadence that accurate. On training with a higher resistance it is harder to keep a steady input of power, so easier for the trainer to see the difference.
Wattage is not the same as my power meter.
The NEO leaves the Factory calibrated and completely tested. When there is a difference then we advise you to re-calibrate the power meter or contact the Tacx support team.